Floods: Anwar wants sufficient allocations channelled to victims


MANILA: Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim wants sufficient allocations to be channelled to the victims of the floods in Johor, Pahang, Negri Sembilan, Sabah and Melaka, which have so far affected more than 29,000 people.

The Prime Minister said he had discussed the matter with his deputy Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, who is also the National Disaster Management Committee chairman, on the latest situation and types of assistance that can be provided before flying home from the Philippines Thursday (March 2).

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Anwar Ibrahim , Floods , Victims , Evacuees , Allocations

Next In Nation

Unity and harmony vital to preserve Malaysians' well-being, says Tiong
Steven Sim hospitalised for extreme fatigue
Two men arrested for domestic violence and intimidation in Tawau
No price gouging during Ramadan, Sabah consumer group urges businesses
Fashion designer Jovian Mandagie fails in appeal against bankruptcy order
Police hunt 36 wanted individuals
Bills to limit PM’s tenure, split AG–PP roles to be tabled Monday
Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods

Others Also Read