Luxembourg court sets aside decision on PETRONAS assets seizure


PETALING JAYA: A court in Luxembourg has set aside an order to seize two companies owned by PETRONAS in the country, which was requested by the self-proclaimed Sulu heirs, says Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said.

On July 11 last year, an attachment order was served on PETRONAS Azerbaijan (Shah Deniz) and PETRONAS South Caucasus companies over the seizure of their assets by bailiffs representing the eight alleged Sulu heirs.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur
The hidden struggle of M’sian women stranded in Lombok
Stable meal prices despite festive rush
Three fined RM128.9mil over 1,000 wildlife parts
Light bites draw crowds at Bertam bazaar
Court orders preacher to pay KJ RM830k in damages

Others Also Read