Annuar Musa is the division chief sacked by Umno, confirms source


PETALING JAYA: Ketereh Umno division head Tan Sri Annuar Musa (pic) was sacked by the Umno supreme council on Thursday (Dec 8) night, a source has confirmed.

The source said the decision was made because the former Ketereh MP and communications and multimedia minister was deemed to have gone against the Umno leadership openly too many times.

"Yes, Annuar was sacked. He has been warned again and again for lambasting Umno top leaders in public. Yet, he kept doing it. We need leaders who will work as a team," said the source.

ALSO READ: Three Umno members sacked for campaigning against party during GE15, says Puad

Last night, the Umno supreme council chaired by Umno president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi sacked an Umno division chief and two Wanita Umno division chiefs from Perlis and Pahang for allegedly campaigning against the party during the recent 15th General Election (GE15).

Umno supreme council member Datuk Dr Mohd Puad Zarkashi said the trio were said to have also smeared the party when campaigning against the party.

Annuar had been publicly butting heads with Ahmad Zahid for the past couple of years, especially after the former publicly alleged that the latter had signed a letter stating his support for the current Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to be the Prime Minister back in 2020.

In retaliation, Ahmad Zahid had dropped Annuar as the Ketereh parliamentary candidate in GE15, which Annuar had criticised, but then again, made a U-turn to support his Umno replacement.

In a Facebook post this morning, Annuar said that he dreamt that the house he was staying in all this while was burning.

“Many of the house residents have run away, leaving the house burning. I love this house. I tried to douse the flames so that more do not abandon the house.

“When the fire was at its peak and many had run away, I was suddenly pulled out of the burning house. Now, I can only watch the burning house from afar," wrote Annuar, in the morning after his sacking.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

MRT2 launch date to be revealed after trial runs completed, says Loke
Prosecute scammers as criminals as civil cases not effective, says NGO
Joint efforts needed to support preservation of heritage sites in Melaka, says CM
JB housewife loses RM34,000 after fraudsters wipe out her bank account
Those nabbed in 'secret' illegal settlement planned to stay here, says Immigration DG
Johor floods: Number of evacuees drops to two digits as of noon Feb 7
UMS taking measures to ease water shortage impact on campus
Terengganu latest state affected by floods
Turkiye earthquake: Send necessary aid alongside rescue workers, says Dr Wee
Floods: Number of evacuees in Johor remains at 163 as of 8am Feb 7

Others Also Read