Sabah Opposition leaders speak up against planned 'special card' for the undocumented


A Filipino refugee, Neng Rajahasan showing her IMM13 Malaysian pass at the Filipino Refugee Settlement in Kinarut. ZULAZHAR SHEBLEE/The Star

KOTA KINABALU: More Sabah Opposition leaders have come out to question the proposed 'special card' for undocumented people in the state, following the Home Minister’s announcement of its planned implementation soon.

Warisan Wanita deputy chief Jo-Anna Rampas said previously when Warisan was the government, the then Oppositions (who are now leading the state government) had promised voters that undocumented migrants would be deported once they came to power.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Microsleep accounts for 20% of road accidents, says Miros
Unity and harmony vital to preserve Malaysians' well-being, says Tiong
Steven Sim hospitalised for extreme fatigue
Two men arrested for domestic violence and intimidation in Tawau
No price gouging during Ramadan, Sabah consumer group urges businesses
Fashion designer Jovian Mandagie fails in appeal against bankruptcy order
Police hunt 36 wanted individuals
Bills to limit PM’s tenure, split AG–PP roles to be tabled Monday
Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods

Others Also Read