KUALA LUMPUR: Some 329 heads of households affected by the rescent flood disaster in Gombak and Sepang received the Household Goods Aid amounting to RM2,500 on Monday (Jan 10), says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Prime Miniser said, in a Twitter post Monday, that the process of channelling the assistance was fully implemented by the Implementation Coordination Unit of the Prime Minister’s Department through the state development offices.
"Apart from Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), the method of distribution is via cash at the Disaster Operation Control Centre (PKOB) and from house to house.
"Today, the federal government began channeling Household Goods Aid worth RM2,500 to heads of households who have received the compassionate aid (BWI) of RM1,000.
"Those who have received BWI need not register again to receive the household aid,” he said.
The Prime Minister hoped the initiative would help lighten the burden of affected members of the Malaysian Family so that the government could focus on efforts to revive the economic growth and development of the country.
On Sunday (Jan 9), Ismail Sabri said the various aid payments would ease the burden of flood victims, including the household goods aid of RM2,500, which would channelled starting Monday.
Earlier, he said 53,896, or 95.7% of the 56,333 heads of households involved in floods had received BWI as of 1pm Monday.
The government had previously announced that the Malaysian Family Flood Assistance, among others, encompassed BWI of RM1,000 to each head of household compared to RM500 before this. - BERNAMA
Hari ini, Kerajaan Persekutuan mula salurkan Bantuan Pembelian Barangan Keperluan sebanyak RM2,500 kepada Ketua Isi Rumah (KIR) yang telah menerima Bantuan Wang Ihsan (BWI) RM1,000. pic.twitter.com/Wqkrfc01RI— Ismail Sabri (@IsmailSabri60) January 10, 2022