Most flood victims in Sabah have returned home


KOTA KINABALU: Most of the displaced flood victims in Sabah have returned to their homes following improved weather and the subsiding of water levels on Thursday (Jan 6).

Checks showed that of the 3,743 evacuees recorded at 8am, only 281 from 63 households remained at nine temporary relief centres in Paitan, Telupid and Sandakan by 4pm.

Others started to return to their homes from noon, while 18 of the earlier 27 relief centres had been closed.

The floods, which started in Kota Marudu district on Dec 31 before affecting other districts, caused at least two deaths in the state.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read