PUTRAJAYA: All flood victims in Kelantan, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Terengganu and Perak have received the Bantuan Wang Ihsan (BWI) assistance, with the remaining payments expected to be completed on Wednesday (Jan 5), says the Prime Minister.
Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, however, this does not include aid that would be extended to victims of the second wave of floods.
He said payments for those affected in Pahang is currently at 65.5%, Negri Sembilan 82.7%, and Selangor 47.6%.
He said that to ensure fast and effective distribution of BWI, the Implementation Coordination Unit (ICU) has set up a command centre that carries out real-time monitoring.
In a span of 10 days, the BWI aid has been paid to a total of 28,258 heads of household.
“This accounts for 61.2% out of 46,162 heads,” he said in a statement after chairing a meeting by the special task force on post-north-east monsoon floods on Monday (Jan 3).
The meeting was also attended by Mentris Besar, Chief Ministers, the Sarawak Deputy Chief Minister, Chief Secretary to the Government and senior officials via video conference.
On economic recovery, the meeting was informed that as of Jan 1, RM33mil out of RM93mil in applications under the BSN microloans for households had been approved since its launch on Dec 27 last year.
