Floods: Water surge caused Hulu Langat incident, says Selangor MB


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021

SHAH ALAM: The floods in Hulu Langat were caused by a water surge from the surrounding mountains, says Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.

Speaking during a special press conference held on Monday (Dec 27) night, Amirudin said the surge also carried piles of rubbish and timber up till Batu 14, Sungai Lui and its surrounding areas.

He also said he had not yet received any information suggesting that the construction of the East Klang Valley Expressway (EKVE) was believed to be among the factors which caused floods in the Hulu Langat area, as reported by the media yesterday.

In a similar development, Amirudin said that construction works involving a highway project in Kampung Asahan, Kuala Selangor, near here had cut through an embankment in the village and caused water to overflow.

"That is why there was an overflow of water in Kampung Asahan, and since Sunday (Dec 26), a lot of water had been successfully removed from the area. InsyaAllah, there will be a significant reduction in the water level," he said. - Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Amirudin Shari , water surge , flood , EKVE

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read