Bentong and Mentakab flood victims receive 600 portable stoves


  • Nation
  • Sunday, 26 Dec 2021

Photo: Bernama

BENTONG: Six hundred portable stoves have been sent to flood victims here and in Mentakab.

MCA president Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong, in a Facebook post on Sunday (Dec 26), said that the aid arrived at 5pm on Saturday (Dec 25), with 300 of the stove given to MCA Spokesperson cum Publicity Bureau Deputy Chief Wong Siew Mun who had been at the scene since the floods started.

"She and the MCA's Crisis Relief Squad (CRSM) will distribute them according to the families that require them.

"May these help those that are facing very difficult times now," he said.

In a related matter, Wee said the Ayer Hitam CRSM volunteer bomba team in Johor have been sent to Mentakab to assist clean up works there.

"In 2006,2007 and 2010 Ayer Hitam was hit with bad floods that led to the opening of 31 temporary evacuation centres and 12,500 victims. Many volunteers throughout the country came to help us then.

"Now those within the Ayer Hitam constituency will lend our hand. This is the spirit of Keluarga Malaysia that we have practised so far and will continue to do so," he said.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

bentong , flood , portable stove , dr wee ka siong

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read