813 illegals nabbed in Sabah


A TOTAL of 813 illegals, believed to be from the Philippines, have been detained under Ops Benteng in Sabah between May 1 last year and Oct 29 this year, says Datuk Jonathan Yasin.

The Deputy Home Minister II said the Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) has taken a comprehensive approach to address the issue of illegal immigrants in the east coast waters.

“Integrated security operations through Ops Benteng will be strengthened in addition to the implementation of land and sea operations under Operasi Cegah Pati in Kudat, Sandakan, Lahad Datu, Semporna and Tawau.

“This covers almost all the east coast waters with the usage of assets from various security and defence agencies under Esscom,” he told Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin (BN-Kinabatangan) during Question Time.

Bung Moktar had asked the ministry to reveal its measures to curb intrusion of illegal immigrants from the Philippines.

Jonathan also said there are more than 304 assets from various security agencies deployed in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (Esszone).

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Be honest, efficient and have high integrity, Ismail Sabri tells PM’s Dept staff
Health Ministry to be consulted on possible SOP relaxation for international tourists, says PM
Take extra precautions during CNY season in wake of Omicron variant, says Sarawak DCM
PM: 'Balik kampung' will be allowed, no more travel restrictions
More than 10.9 million adult population in Malaysia given booster dose as of Monday (Jan 24)
Nojima sets foot in Malaysia
Armed assault: Police tracking down two men to assist investigations
19 called to give statements regarding assembly
Clusters rise 313.3% at educational institutions
Teachers in politics draw concern

Others Also Read


Vouchers