Country’s daily Covid-19 cases back above the 6,000-mark


PETALING JAYA: The country’s daily Covid-19 cases recorded a slight increase with a reported 6,210 new infections after staying below the 6,000-mark for the past three days.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said of the new cases, 98.1% (6,094) were mild and asymptomatic.

“Another 116 cases or 1.9% are Categories 3, 4 and 5 infections,” he said in his daily update.

There were 42 imported cases involving 19 Malaysians and 23 foreigners.

Of the 6,168 locally transmitted infections, 5,860 (95%) involved Malaysians and the remaining 308 (5%) were foreigners.

Cumulatively, Malaysia has recorded 2,413,592 Covid-19 cases since the start of the pandemic last year.

A total of 7,562 Covid-19 patients were discharged, bringing total recoveries to 2,303,583 or 95.4%.

There are now 677 patients in intensive care units nationwide, up from 666 the previous day. Some 319 patients are on ventilator support.

The Covid-19 death toll currently stands at 28,138 after another 76 people died on Wednesday.

Of these fatalities, 14 were classified as brought-in-dead (BID) cases, based on the CovidNow website.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Datuk, man surrender to cops after clip of ‘marshals’ at superbike convoy goes viral
Rural Sabah SMEs lost out on Covid-19 assistance because they were not registered, says assistant minister
Covid-19: 4,965 new cases bring total to 2,654,474
Cops issue RM165,000 worth of compound notices for SOP violations
Annuar Musa: Govt to decide on 5G wholesale model by Jan 2022
Tony Pua dismisses 'false allegations’ in Dr M’s book, says could never have ‘threatened’ property developer as they never met
PM to chair meeting on rising cost of living on Thursday (Dec 9), says Tok Pa
Customs will not enforce licence requirement for alcohol sales at eateries
Worried sick husband seeking runaway Vietnamese spouse and kids
Tony Pua 'arrogant' and disliked by many, claims Dr M

Others Also Read


Vouchers