Covid-19: 14,345 new cases bring total to 2,112,175


PETALING JAYA: Malaysia recorded 14,345 new Covid-19 cases on Monday (Sept 20), bringing the cumulative total to 2,112,175.

Sarawak recorded the highest number of cases at 3,611, followed by Johor (1,598) and Selangor (1,365).

Out of the 14,345 new cases reported on Monday, 43 were imported while the remaining were local infections.

Out of all the new cases, 212 or 1.5% were under categories three, four and five while the remaining 14,133 cases or 98.5% were under categories one and two.

Also out of the 14,345 new cases, a total of 1,167 cases required intensive care, whereby 906 were Covid-19 cases and the remaining 261 were either suspected, probable or cases that are under investigation.

A total of 636 cases required ventilatory assistance, of which 407 were Covid-19 cases and the remaining 229 cases were either suspected, probable or cases that are still under investigation.

Malaysia also saw the emergence of 23 new clusters, bringing the cumulative number of clusters logged to 5,305, of which 3,970 had already ended, meaning there are now 1,335 active clusters.

A total of 16,814 recoveries were also recorded, bringing the total number of recoveries since the Covid-19 pandemic began to 1,880,736, or 89% of cases.

Article type: free
User access status:
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Covid-19 cases , Malaysia , Health

   

Next In Nation

Nearly 100% participation in MyCensus 2020 despite pandemic
Petaling District records highest population in 2020, says DOSM
Police detain two men over online job scam after Cheras condo raid
New law passed with heftier punishments to protect endangered wildlife
Over 3,000 smoking violation notices issued from Jan-Oct, says Khairy
Opposition MP ordered out of Dewan over heated row on ‘talking to elephants in Tamil’
Dr Wee and Annuar did not contradict each other, both did not mislead House over cabotage policy, says Speaker
Melaka Polls: Think of the risks involved and the people if SOP not followed, Dr Wee tells Opposition
King and Queen arrive home safely after UK trip
Deposit insurance amendment bill passes in Dewan Rakyat

Others Also Read


Vouchers