Dip in cases a day after slight surge


PETALING JAYA: New Covid-19 cases dipped to 18,815 yesterday from 19,495 on Wednesday, with Sarawak having the most infections at 3,660 cases.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said of the new cases, 1.2% or 222 cases were from Categories 3 to 5, while the remaining 98.8% or 18,593 cases were Categories 1 and 2.

He said Selangor reported 2,718 cases followed by Johor with 2,206 new infections.

“Cumulatively, 2,049,750 cases have been recorded in the country.

“A total of 16,939 recoveries were also recorded, bringing the total number to 1,800,278,” he said in a statement.

Dr Noor Hisham said 21 new clusters were detected, bringing the total number of active clusters in the country to 1,406.

“The new clusters were detected in Johor, Terengganu, Perak, Kelantan, Pahang, and Kedah.

“Johor had six workplace clusters followed by Perak with two and Terengganu, one.

“Kelantan reported five community clusters and one high-risk group cluster while Perak also recorded one high-risk group cluster,” he said.

Dr Noor Hisham added that one education cluster each was detected in Perak, Kedah and Pahang while one detention centre cluster was reported in Johor.

Meanwhile, on the Langkawi tourism bubble initiative, he said the Health Ministry had screened the tourists before they entered the island.

“As at noon, some 2,546 people were screened upon entry.

“Of the total, 1,250 people were screened at the airport while 1,296 were screened at the ferry terminal,” he said, adding that five cases were detected.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: Unvaccinated will lose out on many privileges, says PM
Authorities free to take action on Pandora Papers allegations, says PM
Malaysia should set example on human rights issues after getting UNHRC seat, says Lee Lam Thye
RM22,000 in compound notices issued after not fully vaxxed people found dining in restaurant
Malaysia logs new 89 deaths due to Covid-19, with 19 BID cases
Water supply in Klang Valley almost completely restored, says Air Selangor
Dr Wee: Local shipping will benefit from integration with international standards
LADA submits proposed SOP for foreign tourists in Langkawi to Health Ministry, NSC
Covid-19: 91.4% percent of Malaysia's adults fully vaccinated as of Friday (Oct 15)
Turning trash into treasure

Others Also Read


Vouchers