Covid-19 Watch: 21 new clusters reported on Thursday (Sept 16), nine linked to workplaces


PETALING JAYA: Malaysia detected 21 new Covid-19 clusters on Thursday (Sept 16), bringing the total number of active clusters to 1,406.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the new clusters were recorded in Johor, Terengganu, Perak, Kelantan, Pahang, and Kedah.

"Johor recorded six workplace clusters. There were two in Perak and one in Terengganu.

"Kelantan reported five community clusters and one high-risk group cluster while Perak also recorded one high-risk group cluster.

"One education cluster each was recorded in Perak, Kedah and Pahang respectively while a detention centre cluster was also reported in Johor," he said in a statement on Thursday.

He said of the 18,815 cases recorded on Thursday, only 1.2% (222 cases) were in Categories Three, Four and Five while the remaining 98.8% (18,593 cases) were in Categories One and Two.

Meanwhile, on the Langkawi tourism bubble, Dr Noor Hisham said the Health Ministry has begun screening tourists before entry to the island.

"As of noon on Thursday, 2,546 people were screened upon entry, with 1,250 screened at the airport and 1,296 at the ferry terminal," he said, adding that five positive cases were detected.

He said the five cases were Category One (asymptomatic) cases and the individuals concerned were ordered to undergo home surveillance for 10 days.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Fireman passes out while trying to save flood victim in Melaka
Mersing Umno Youth chief dies at 40
Johor Sultan expresses disappointment in those who dump garbage into drains, causing floods
Covid-19: Mild or asymptomatic infections reported in 98.2% of 5,516 new cases
Cops nab man who used fake IDs to transfer mobile phone credit from other users
Malaysia denies claim it may join Abraham Accords and normalise relations with Israel
Malaysia still in talks with Saudi Arabia on vaccine acceptance for Umrah pilgrims, says Khairy
Visiting non-S'wakians must use EnterSarawak to facilitate contact tracing, say state authorities
LUAS: Landowner told to stop earthworks near Sungai Remok to avoid affecting water quality
Fuel prices Oct 21 - 27: RON95, RON97, diesel all unchanged

Others Also Read


Vouchers