PUTRAJAYA: Two localities in Kunak, Sabah will be placed under enhanced movement control order from June 24, as health authorities detected an increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in the areas.
The affected localities are Kampung Pangi Hujung and Kampung JKR Lama.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (pic) said that 11 villagers were tested positive for Covid-19 in Kampung Pangi Hujung, out of 16 people screened.
While in Kampung JKR Lama, there are currently 15 confirmed cases out of 42 screenings carried out at the locality.
“Following a risk assessment, the government has agreed to place the two villages in Kunak under EMCO for 14 days until July 7.
“With the order in place, authorities are able to control residents’ movements to prevent further infection in the localities, as well as outside of the affected area,” he said on Tuesday (June 22).
Ismail Sabri also said the MCO technical committee has agreed to extend the EMCO placed on Kampung Kebayau in Kota Belud, Sabah.
Health authorities have so far carried out 200 screenings at the locality, of which 22 tests came back positive, he said, adding that infectivity at the village is still high.
The extension of the order will take effect from June 24 - July 7.
The senior minister also announced the end of enhanced MCO at Kampung Sungai Obar and Batu 7 Fasa 9B Taman Indah Jaya in Sandakan; Kampung Sin San and Kampung Singgahmata in Pulau Banggi, Kudat; Taman Perdana, Lahad Datu and Kampung Sungai Penchala in Kuala Lumpur.