Tengku Zafrul: Appeals for rejected Prihatin applications can be made from Tuesday (June 15)


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Individuals whose Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (BPR) applications had been rejected can submit their appeal starting June 15 (Tuesday) until June 30, says Finance Minister Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz.

Tengku Zafrul said applicants can submit an appeal with relevant documents to the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (LHDN).

"This appeal process is also to ensure that the assistance will reach those who really need it," he said in a statement here on Sunday (June 13).

Previously, the government announced the People and Economic Strategic Empowerment Programme Plus (Pemerkasa Plus) with an additional allocation of RM2.1bil for financial aid under BPR to continue helping existing recipients.

Tengku Zafrul said applicants can submit their appeal using several methods, namely online at https://bpr.hasil.gov.my or by delivering the BPR 2021 appeal form to IRB’s branches or Revenue Service Centres (PKH) or Urban Transformation Centre manually by appointment.

"Once the BPR database is updated, payments will be channelled to the applicants in August (for additional BPR) and September (BPR Phase 3),” he said.

Tengku Zafrul said applicants can refer to the frequently asked questions posted on BPR’s official portal at https://bpr.hasil.gov.my for further information.

He said, to date, the government had paid out RM4.6bil to a total of 8.4mil BPR recipients from the B40 segment in February, March and May this year, adding payments under Phase 3 of the initiative will be made in September. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Majority of MPs have received two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, says Speaker
Empty syringe issue: Police urge recipients to lodge reports
S'gor Health Dept ramping up preparations in hospitals to face surge in Covid-19 cases
Three MPs among Covid-19 cases detected in Parliament ahead of special sitting
Muhyiddin: NRP's success needs support from all parties
Drive-through durian: Kota Baru goldsmith gives away 1.2 tonnes of king of fruits
No changes to NRP thresholds for now, says Muhyiddin
Covid-19: Three MPs test positive, four more close contacts, says report
Ismail Sabri: 49 premises closed for breaching Covid-19 SOPs
Covid-19: Nine localities in Perak, Pahang, Kedah, Sabah under EMCO from July 26, says Ismail Sabri

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers