PETALING JAYA: The enhanced movement control order has been imposed on 28 localities in Kota Setar, Kedah, from tomorrow until June 1 following a spike in Covid-19 cases there.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said up until Sunday, there had been 975 active cases in Kota Setar with six localities marked as red zones.
“The Health Ministry has also confirmed that an outbreak of Covid-19 has spread around Kota Setar in eight days, with 799 cases being recorded from May 8-16, which works out to almost 100 cases a day on average, ” he said yesterday.
He said red zones like Mukim Kota Setar had 78 cases while Mukim Mergong, with 223 cases, was the locality with the most cases.
The enhanced MCO will also be imposed from tomorrow to June 1 in two villages in Kelantan – Kampung Pauh Lima, Mukim Gunong in Bachok and Kampung Pauh Lima, Mukim Banggu in Kota Baru – following a spike in cases there.
He said the ministry confirmed a 26.6% spike in cases in Bachok and a 55.2% spike in cases in Kota Baru.
The enhanced MCO in Taman Tanah Putih Baru, Kuantan, will also be extended to May 25 due to 326 new positive cases.
The enhanced MCO will also be extended at Rumah Panjang Dingai, Sungai Amut Atas, Pakan in Sarikei, Sarawak until May 26 after 16 out of 67 Covid-19 tests came back positive.
He added that the enhanced MCO at Kampung Meripoh and Kota Bahagia in Muadzam Shah, Rompin, Pahang, ended a week ahead of schedule yesterday following a reduction in cases there.
The enhanced MCO in the two areas in Rompin was supposed to end on May 23.
He also said the situation in these areas was under control.