Ipoh hospital operating as normal, says director


A file picture of the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital in Ipoh. - SAIFUL BAHRI/The Star

IPOH: A viral message alleging that the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital here is at breaking point due to the increase in Covid-19 cases is fake.

Hospital director Dr Abdul Malek Osman in a statement on Thursday (May 13) said there was no truth to this and that the situation at the hospital was under control and hospital services were provided as normal.

"The public has been advised not to simply spread unverified messages as this can cause unnecessary panic and confusion.

"People are advised to always follow SOPs and limit their movements at public places during this movement control order," he said.

Messages have been making rounds on social media stating that the hospital had been receiving many Covid-19 patients and that there was no place left in the hospital to admit patients with other illnesses.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: Over 5.8 million doses of vaccine administered as of Sunday (June 20)
Zahid gives govt two weeks deadline to reconvene Parliament
One of the workers injured in DASH scaffolding collapse dies
11 arrested to assist probe into Butterworth funeral procession
309 undocumented migrants nabbed in integrated ops
Jabs drive covering more ground
1,588,915 people fully vaccinated
Panel formed to look into reconvening of Parliament
PM: We’re on track to hit herd immunity
MOE to recruit 18,702 teachers

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers