KUANTAN: The police are urging those who left the Tanah Putih Baru enhanced movement control order area to come forward to be tested for Covid-19.
Kuantan police chief Asst Comm Mohamad Noor Yusof Ali said they received information that a few individuals had left the area before the EMCO was enforced on May 5.
"We have put out a notice asking these people to show up for testing at Dewan Jubli Perak here on May 10. Until then, please stay put wherever you are now.
"If you show symptoms, go to the nearest clinic immediately," ACP Mohamad Noor said here on Saturday (May 8).
He said there could be 100 to 200 individuals who might have left the area, adding that police would try to track them down.
ACP Mohamad Noor said this was a very important matter as Covid-19 cases were still on the rise with Tanah Putih Baru recording 57 cases from the day the cluster was first detected.
"There must be cooperation and awareness. Don't be selfish. From my experience and our meeting with the Health Ministry, this is among the fastest spread of the virus within a cluster," he said, adding that there had been two deaths from the cluster so far.
ACP Mohamad Noor said there were 788 homes with nearly 3,900 residents in Tanah Putih Baru.
The enhanced MCO is in place in Tanah Putih Baru until May 18.