PETALING JAYA: Three suspects, all foreigners, have been arrested over a string of house break-ins here.
OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Fakhrudin Abdul Hamid said police were initially alerted to the break-ins at around 7.30am on April 25.
"The complainant, a 68-year-old man, lodged a report claiming that he had just come back to his house in Section 14 when he found all the doors open and the house ransacked.
"He also claimed that the grille on the back room of the house had been prised open and the glass window broken," ACP Mohamad Fakhrudin said in a statement on Monday (May 3).
He said following this case, a special operation was held focusing on the Section 14 neighbourhood from April 30 until May 3, involving a police team of 14.
"The task force got its big break at around 3.20am on Sunday (May 2) when they noticed a suspicious-looking car in Section 14.
"When police attempted to stop and check the vehicle's occupants, they acted aggressively and attacked the police officers.
"The suspects were subdued and a check on the vehicle revealed a number of items believed to be used in break-ins," he said, adding that the three men aged between 27 and 33 had prior records for drugs and crime cases.
He said investigations revealed the three suspects were involved in at least three house break-ins around the Section 14 area this year.
"The suspects have been remanded for seven days to help with investigations.
"We are also investigating if the suspects were involved in other cases in Petaling Jaya," he said.