PUTRAJAYA: Several localities in Kelantan, Negri Sembilan and Pahang will be placed under an enhanced movement control order effective Thursday (April 29), following a rise in the reported cases of Covid-19, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The areas will be placed under lockdown until May 12.
In Kelantan, the enhanced MCO will affect Maahad Tahfiz Al-Azhari in Machang, Kelantan, where 87 positive cases had been reported from 207 swab tests carried out on students and residents of the religious school.
The Defence Minister said health authorities reported that infectivity in the school is high and there is a possibility of new cases emerging.
He also said an EMCO will be placed on Kampung Bangkahulu in Gemas, Negri Sembilan, where 170 swab tests had been carried out on the villages.
“From the screenings, 38 individuals were found to be positive and according to health officials, the infectivity rate in the area is 22%, ” he said on Wednesday (April 28).
In Pahang, two localities around Sungai Chalit and five localities around Sungai Klau, both in Raub, Pahang will be under an enhanced MCO beginning Thursday.
The affected villages are Kampung Baru Sungai Chalit, Projek Transformasi Luar Bandar Sungai Chalit, Taman Sungai Klau, Taman Maju Sungai Klau, Taman Kelau Jaya, Taman Harmoni and Kampung Sungai Klau.
Ismai Sabri said that four positive cases had been reported in Sungai Chalit area and one positive case was found in Sungai Klau area.
“Health authorities are waiting for test results taken from seven samples and following the advice of the ministry, we have agreed to place the localities under EMCO.
“All the EMCO announced today will be until May 12, ” he said.