KOTA KINABALU: There will be no Ramadan bazaars in Sabah this year, said the state-level National Security Council.
The council said on its official Facebook account that this is due to the emergence of Covid-19 clusters from social gatherings, a low adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the unstable trend in daily case numbers in the state.
This will be the second year that Sabah has gone without any festivals or bazaars since the outbreak of the virus last year.
Datuk Masidi Manjun, the minister in charge of Covid-19 matters in the state, said Sabah recorded 60 new cases on April 7.
He said the average SOP adherence rate for Sabah was at 97% statewide.
Six districts - Tawau with 41 new cases, Lahad Datu (8), Kota Kinabalu (2), Kunak (1), Keningau (1) and Kinabatangan (zero new cases as of April 7) - are still categorised as red zones.