PETALING JAYA: The enhanced movement control order in Kampung Juara, Pulau Tioman, which was supposed to end on Tuesday (April 6), has been extended until April 20, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Senior Minister (Security) said this was decided as there were still community infections happening within the village, with six new Covid-19 cases registered on Sunday (April 4).
“Up until now, the Health Ministry has conducted 513 swab tests, and out of this, 53 Covid-19 cases were recorded.
“Following risk assessments made with various agencies in the MCO technical committee, as well as upon advice by the Health Ministry, the government has agreed to extend the enhanced MCO in Kampung Juara, Pulau Tioman, Rompin, Pahang, starting April 7 until April 20,2021, ” he said in a statement on Monday (April 5).
Ismail Sabri also revealed that 137 individuals had been apprehended on Sunday (April 4) for flouting standard operating procedure, with 114 receiving a compound, 10 remanded and another 13 released on bail.
He said among the offences were activities at entertainment outlets (71 individuals), interdistrict or interstate travel without permission (32), failure to record details on the MySejahtera app (19), failure to maintain physical distancing (5) and other unnamed offences (10).
On border control, Ismail Sabri said four undocumented migrants were nabbed on Sunday and three boats as well as four land vehicles were seized in the Ops Benteng operation.
“On Sunday, 1,158 foreign workers had also undergone swab tests and out of this, five tested positive for Covid-19.
“Altogether, 10,148 foreign workers had tested positive for Covid-19 out of the total 672,766 that had undergone the tests, ” said Ismail Sabri.
Covid-19 tests were made compulsory for foreign workers starting Feb 1,2021.