PETALING JAYA: The Association of Private Hospitals Malaysia (APHM) says it will rectify omissions from the list of private healthcare personnel who are supposed to be included in the first phase of Covid-19 vaccinations.
There had been reports saying that more than 1,000 private healthcare employees had been left off the list.
APHM president Datuk Dr Kuljit Singh said it was premature to jump to conclusions as the group did not intentionally exclude any private hospitals from the list.
"We have rectified the list and updated the Health Ministry. Our association has the list of our members who have responded to us," he said on Thursday (Feb 25).
"We will work closely with the ministry and all our members so that no one is left out among the frontline," he added, in response to social media posts by Thomson Hospital Kota Damansara CEO Nadiah Wan.
Nadiah had expressed concern on Twitter that her staff would miss out on the government's Covid-19 vaccination programme for medical frontliners, after being told it was "inadvertently not forwarded" by APHM.
"If you are a healthcare worker in a private hospital, check with APHM if your names have been submitted to the ministry," she advised.
In a quick response, Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Khairy Jamaluddin tweeted that the matter was raised by the Prime Minister's Special Advisor on Public Health Tan Sri Jemilah Mahmood during their Covid-19 Immunisation Taskforce meeting on Thursday.
"Hope APHM rectifies their oversight and sends your list to us, stat," said Khairy.
Dr Kuljit Singh also gave an assurance that APHM would check with its members and work closely with the Health Ministry to sort out the list.
"We will not deny anybody and we are willing to rectify the list," he said.