Bangsar murder: Three more arrested


KUALA LUMPUR: Three more suspects, including one identified as the main suspect, have been detained in connection with the murder of a former Mardi researcher who died fending off robbers at his home in Bangsar.

This brings the total suspects arrested to 13.

Bukit Aman CID director Comm Datuk Huzir Mohamed said the three men were detained separately in Jalan Genting Klang and Air Panas in Kuala Lumpur and Semenyih between 3.30am and 5am on Tuesday (Dec 1).

“The main suspect, a 23-year-old man, was among those arrested.

“He admitted to slashing the victim during the robbery," he told a press conference in Bukit Aman on Tuesday.

Police are also looking for another man T. Sugu, 27, to assist with investigations, he added.

"Initial investigations revealed that four suspects were involved in the robbery and murder in Bangsar.

"However, we believe the others arrested are involved in other robberies as well," Comm Huzir said.

The 10 suspects arrested earlier have been remanded until Dec 6.

"We will remand the three latest suspects as well," he said.

It was reported that 10 suspects aged between 21 and 29 were arrested following a second robbery in Titiwangsa on the same day.

A break in the case came after one of the suspects accidentally dropped a wallet belonging to the deceased victim of the first robbery.

“The second robbery saw no injuries and the family were tied up by the robbers during the robbery at 5.15am.

“Since the suspects were not masked, a photofit sketch of the suspect was made by the family, ” he said.

He added that the wife of the former Mardi researcher also successfully identified the suspects after they had been caught.

“The robbers of both cases were found to be the same two suspects. The rest were found to be linked to cases, ” he said, adding that one suspect had also confessed to the crime.

Comm Huzir also said that one more suspect is still being hunted down by the police, but the police believe these arrests had solved the cases.

On Sunday (Nov 29) morning, two robbers broke into the home of 73- year-old Wan Hassan Wan Embong.

A scuffle broke out after he tried fending the robbers off. This led to him being fatally injured.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

94% readers found this article insightful

Next In Nation

Body of man found in Sungai Klang near Pantai Dalam
NSC allows Batu Caves Thaipusam chariot procession, no stops allowed and limited to 10 people
New tahfiz cluster emerges in Kalabakan district, Sabah
Health Ministry: 11 new clusters for 341 total, five end
Medical officer injured after bike crashes into road divider in Sg Petani
Body of suspected addict feared drowned in Kluang found
Covid-19: Cases hit a new record with 4,275 increase, bringing total to 180,455 (updated daily)
Covid-19: Record high of 4,275 cases, seven more deaths
Ismail Sabri: Enhanced MCO at Westlite dorms in Senai ending ahead of time
Education Ministry to further empower TV Pendidikan, says Radzi

Stories You'll Enjoy