KOTA KINABALU: Covid-19 screenings at Telipok settlement and Kampung Numbak are being carried out as part of the Sabah Health Department's efforts to curb the spread of the disease.
Sabah Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun said the two areas, with a combined population of 21,000, are expected to contribute to a rise in new cases in Kota Kinabalu when the test results come in.
Both areas have been placed under enhanced MCO.
On Saturday (Nov 21), 346 new cases were recorded in Sabah, with three fatalities.
Masidi previously said on Friday (Nov 20) that as of Nov 19, some 1,561 residents of Telipok settlement have been screened, where 131 have tested positive and 276 samples were still awaiting results.
As of Nov 19, a total of 872 residents of Kg Numbak have been screened, with 72 positive and 113 samples still awaiting results.
Earlier this week, Masidi, who has been tasked to oversee Covid-19 matters in Sabah, said the Health Department normally targeted 10% of the local population to be screened, which can be expanded to cover more if necessary.
Did you find this article insightful?
100% readers found this article insightful