Restrictions to go on until Nov 9


PETALING JAYA: The conditional movement control order (MCO) in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya has been extended for another two weeks beginning today, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (pic).

Restrictions under the conditional MCO continue, including the ban on inter-district travel and employees undertaking such travels being required to show their staff pass and carry an authorisation letter from their employers.

Schools, kindergartens, nurseries and institutions of higher learning are to remain closed during this period.

Social and cultural activities are not allowed.

Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya were initially placed under the conditional MCO for 14 days beginning Oct 14 to 27, following a rise in Covid-19 cases in these areas.

“A risk assessment by the Health Ministry found that there are localities with high risk for the spread of Covid-19, ” Ismail Sabri said during his daily press briefing yesterday.

He added that Nilai, Negri Sembilan, would also be placed under the conditional MCO, with several localities in the district to be placed under enhanced MCO from tomorrow to Nov 10. This is due to the surge in cases there, especially among foreign workers.

He also said that Putra Point in Nilai would be placed under the enhanced MCO, with two workers’ dormitories there having contributed to the spike.

Also placed under the enhanced MCO are two localities in Sandakan, Sabah, from tomorrow until Nov 10.

“Taman Mesra and Taman Mawar in the town cover 5,100 homes involving 22,500 people, ” Ismail Sabri said.

The standard operating procedure would be the same as announced previously.

“But grocery stores will be allowed to operate from 6am to 6pm so that locals can buy their essentials, ” he said.

Ismail Sabri said the enhanced MCO in Taman Khazanah Indah and Pangsapuri Mutiara Kasih in Lahad Datu and Felda Umas in Kalabakan has been extended for another two weeks. It begins today.

In recent weeks, Sabah has been the epicentre of the Covid-19 outbreak in Malaysia.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Amateurish attempt to separate GRS & BN, says Masidi on viral post
Technician shot outside his home in Klang
GE15: Perikatan wins Padang Serai seat with 16,206 majority
Civil society organisations play important role in policymaking, says Sabah Sports Minister
PM's Dept: Viral post about Ismail Sabri being appointed PETRONAS chairman is fake
MIC to turn down deputy minister posts if offered, says party sec-gen
RM600bil questions: MACC likely to call three former cabinet members for questioning
Wisma Putra: No Malaysian victims involved in recent Bandung bomb attack
GE15: BN candidate Johari retains Tioman state seat
DID issues flood preparedness notice for five states

Others Also Read