PUTRAJAYA: The Health Ministry has been asked to give an assessment on whether there is a need to place Selangor under enhanced movement control order (MCO) following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the ministry has also been asked to see if there is a need to tighten standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the state as well as Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
The three areas have come under conditional MCO until Oct 27.
The Defence Minister said there were complaints that SOPs had been lax as the public were allowed to patronise gyms and public parks during this time.
“We have asked the ministry to look into this, to review the SOPs and give the National Security Council (NSC) its assessment on the situation.
“While there are those who feel that placing these areas under enhanced MCO will do the trick to bring down the cases, bear in mind that this means the economy will have to be shut down and food will be sent over to the houses, ” he said Monday (Oct 19).
Ismail Sabri said the NSC is expected to hear assessment on the situation soon.
Did you find this article insightful?
65% readers found this article insightful