Non-Sabahans need special permit to enter from now to Oct 16, says Sabah Immigration Dept

  • Nation
  • Sunday, 04 Oct 2020

KOTA KINABALU: Non-Sabahans, including foreigners, working in the essential services industry must have valid immigration passes issued by the Sabah Immigration Department before entering the state.

The department, in a statement on Sunday (Oct 4), said a special permit must be obtained prior to entering the state.

"This regulation will be in effect until Oct 16.

"Malaysian permanent residents are also required to obtain the special permit before entering the state," said the department.

It said as for Sabahans, they must have the MyKad with a ‘H’ code while their spouses or dependents must either provide proof of marriage, valid immigration documents, or birth certificates of children to enter Sabah.

"As for non-citizens, their spouses or dependents must have valid immigration documents, proof of marriage or birth certificates (for those under the age of 18).

"For non-Malaysian permanent residents wanting to enter the state, they must provide their MyPR with the ‘H’ code, entry permit or entry permit endorsement on their passports," it said.

More info on this can be found at

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Did you find this article insightful?


67% readers found this article insightful

Across the site