Enhanced MCO lifted in Sungai Lui


PUTRAJAYA: As folk in Sungai Lui, Hulu Langat in Selangor can let out a sigh of relief now that the enhanced movement control order (MCO) has been lifted, those in three other areas under the same order will have to endure it a bit longer.

The enhanced MCO has been extended to April 28 for Kampung Datuk Ibrahim Majid and Bandar Baharu Datuk Ibrahim Majid in Simpang Renggam; Menara City One in Jalan Mushi Abdullah as well as Selangor Mansion and Malayan Mansion in Jalan Masjid India.

Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the enhanced MCO was extended in the three areas because of an increase in Covid-19 positive cases there.

He said while the order had been lifted in Sungai Lui, this was not the case for Maahad Tahfiz An-Nabawiyyah and a house in Batu 23, Kampung Payar Lebar - both in Sungai Lui which would have to undergo enhanced MCO until April 28.

“These decisions were made following advice from the Health Ministry as there are still cases reported in these places, ” he said during his daily briefing here yesterday.

Under the enhanced MCO, residents are not allowed to leave their houses. To ensure this, authorities set up roadblocks, provide medical services and have essential items delivered to the residents.

The number of areas put under enhanced MCO has grown to five now after the government announced the addition of the Masjid India area and its vicinity.

On another matter, Ismail Sabri said while the government was prepared to receive a higher number of cases of Malaysians returning from Singapore, the current number of returnees was around 200 daily.

The 1,900 to 2,000 people recorded daily for entering the country via the Causeway and Second Link are those who work in the logistics sector.

In another development, police have issued warnings of strict action against violators of MCO.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Noor Azam Jamaludin said road congestion in certain areas in the state, mainly in Puchong, was due to many people flouting the MCO.

“The MCO is still in effect, so we don’t understand why there are so many people out on the road.

Comm Noor Azam reminded that except for those involved in essential services, the others remain at home during the MCO.

“We will take action in accordance with the law against those who fail to adhere to the MCO, ” he said yesterday.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Amanah to hold talks with Barisan on state polls, says Khalid
Zahid: RM400,000 allocated to repair collapsed jetty in Semporna
Sabah lawyers to pursue judicial review of 40% special grant in Court of Appeal after stay decision
Comms and Digital Ministry announces RM69 fixed Internet broadband plan with speeds of up to 30Mbps for low income groups
Malaysia condemns Israel’s relentless suppression campaign against Palestinians
Viral photo of floods inaccurate, situation under control, says Kinabatangan disaster centre
1MDB trial: Witness surprised at Jho Low's denial over communication on managing Najib's AmBank accounts
King congratulates Hamidin on being elected as Fifa Council Member
Mohammad Agus is Community Communications Dept DG
Kedah Perhilitan captures sun bear in Yan

Others Also Read