PUTRAJAYA: The Health Ministry is hoping to complete screening some 5,000 residents at the Selangor Mansion and Malayan Mansion flats for Covid-19 within 10 days.
Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the ministry had already found 15 confirmed Covid-19 cases at the two flats, which have been placed under the enhanced movement control order (MCO).
“Our estimate is that one 'mansion' has about 2,500 people, so there are probably about 5,000 residents in all.
“We are doing active case detection, as well as screening there.
“We give ourselves about 10 days to clean up the area, as well as decontaminate and sanitise the surroundings, ” said Dr Hisham at the ministry’s daily Covid-19 press conference here Tuesday (April 7).
The two Kuala Lumpur flats are the latest under the government’s enhanced MCO list.
In places in this list, residents are not allowed to leave their homes while outsiders are restricted from entering.
Food and supplies are provided by the government and distributed to each affected household.
On the other enhanced MCO areas, Dr Hisham said about two-thirds of its residents had undergone Covid-19 screening so far.
“In Kluang, 2,365 out of a total 3,755 residents have been screened so far.
“We found a total of 174 positive cases.
“In Hulu Langat, 1,728 out of 1,797 residents have been screened. So far, 350 of them tested positive.
“In Menara City One in Kuala Lumpur, we have screened 2,109 out of 5,000 residents and found 30 positive cases so far, ” said Dr Noor Hisham.