More fake news debunked by Communications Ministry's quick response team


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): With fake news on Covid-19 and related issues going viral on social media, the Communications and Multimedia Ministry's quick response team is in contact with the relevant agencies to help clear the air.

The following is a list of denials issued by the relevant agencies to the team on fake news relating to Covid-19 that had gone viral on social media sites Sunday (March 29).

Firstly, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) denies allegations that payments using credit or debit cards had been frozen for non-essential businesses from March 27 until the end of the movement control order (MCO).

Secondly, Segamat Hospital in Johor denies allegations on the use of its wards to accommodate Covid-19 patients though the hospital has been gazetted as a screening hospital and for non-Covid-19 patients.

Finally, the National Security Council (MKN) denies allegations relating to the sale of bundled clothing belonging to dead Covid-19 victims. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

85% readers found this article insightful

Next In Nation

Body of suspected addict feared drowned in Kluang found
Covid-19: Cases hit a new record with 4,275 increase, bringing total to 180,455 (updated daily)
Covid-19: Record high of 4,275 cases, seven more deaths
Ismail Sabri: Enhanced MCO at Westlite dorms in Senai ending ahead of time
Education Ministry to further empower TV Pendidikan, says Radzi
Cops carry out op targeting foreign driver flouting traffic rules at wholesale market
Last flood relief centre in Sabah deactivated
Suspected addict believed drowned after jumping into river to flee cops
Police, wildlife authorities must probe butchering of elephant in Sabah, says Liew
Shafie: No plans to challenge Emergency declaration in court, appeal letter sent to King

Stories You'll Enjoy