KUANTAN: A total of 1,566 vehicles were ordered to turn back at roadblocks set up at entry points into Pahang to enforce the movement control order (MCO) on Tuesday (March 24).
Pahang police chief Comm Datuk Abd Jalil Hassan revealed that these were mostly those who wanted to enter the state through points such as Gua Musang, Cameron Highlands and Kemaman.
He said police and the army had set up 24-hour roadblocks at 94 locations in all 11 Pahang districts.
"It involved 803 police and army personnel. Up to 6,582 vehicles were inspected and 1,566 told to turn back. These were mostly at the borders of the state," Comm Abd Jalil said in an interview with the PAHANGfm radio station on Wednesday (March 25).
He added that the authorities also conducted 10-minute snapchecks at an additional 122 locations involving some 664 personnel.
"Unfortunately, there are still people who are really stubborn. We had to take them back to the police stations to record their statements and then release them on bail.
"When the time comes, we will bring up the investigation papers for further action," he said.
Comm Abd Jalil advised the public to stay home and for those who had already returned to their hometowns before March 18 not to go back to the cities for the time being.
"Just stay put in your kampung. There's no need to go back to Kuala Lumpur because mass traffic flow will disturb the MCO," he said.
What do you think of this article?
86% readers found this article insightful