State health committee chairman Dr Norlela Ariffin said that although the incubation period was for 14 days, no cases had been reported so far.
“The Covid-19 cases at the quarantine centres in Penang are all from the tabligh gathering in Sri Petaling.
“I had referred the matter to the Health Ministry director-general, who said the emphasis and priority would be on cases from the tabligh gathering.
“We are not ruling out any suspected cases from the festival but the good news is there aren’t any,” she said.
The Penang Hindu Endowment Board (PHEB) came under fire from netizens last week for allowing the festival to be held, which was reportedly participated by 30,000 devotees and visitors.
PHEB chairman Dr P. Ramasamy said the festival was held four days before the World Health Organisation declared Covid-19 a pandemic on March 11.
Dr Ramasamy, who is also Deputy Chief Minister ll, said the board could only advise the temple committee not to hold the celebration as the temple did not come under the board’s jurisdiction.