Govt launches Covid-19 fund to help those affected by outbreak


Muhyiddin (left) donates to the Covid-19 fund after the first Cabinet meeting in Putrajaya on March 11, 2020. - AP

PUTRAJAYA (Bernama): The Perikatan Nasional government has launched a special fund to provide financial aid to those directly affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.

Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said for a start, RM1mil had been channelled into the fund to help unemployed Covid-19 patients and those under 14-day quarantine.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Body of drowned Chinese national found
All govt agencies mobilised to assist flood victims in Sabah, says Zahid
Three more suspended in HRD Corp governance reset
Penang's esplanade seawall, promenade project wins Unesco heritage award
DAP’s pledge to back unity govt key to stability, says Fuziah
Malaysia weighs Impact of US tariff ruling, says Johari
Urgent action needed to combat synthetic drug abuse among students, says Lee Lam Thye
Scheduled water rationing in Kluang, Pontian ends
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan

Others Also Read