IGP: No leads to indicate sabotage in KLIA glitch

  • Nation
  • Monday, 09 Sep 2019

Sniper’s tool: Abdul Hamid (second from left) and other top officers taking a look at a UTK long range rifle, — Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: The police have not gained any substantial leads to indicate that there was sabotage in the recent systems glitch at the KL International Airport (KLIA), said the Inspector-General of Police, Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador.

“We are currently consulting experts in the field to investigate the matter even deeper.

“We want to get to the bottom of the matter as soon as possible,” he told a press conference after a visit by Chief Secretary to the Government, Datuk Seri Dr Ismail Bakar, to Bukit Aman’s Special Action Unit (UTK) yesterday.

Police have recorded statements from 12 individuals so far in connection with the case.

It was reported that four Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd IT officers have also lodged police reports after they were questioned by the police over the systems glitch.

The four are believed to be among the 12 called up by police to aid in investigations on the glitch. It was learned that the four lodged their reports separately on Aug 30 and Sept 3.

Meanwhile, the IGP added that the investigation into the sex video which implicated Economic Affairs Minister, Datuk Seri Azmin Ali, will be concluded as soon as possible.

Abdul Hamid said the investigation papers have been submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers, which then came back with instructions for further action to be taken in terms of gathering evidence.

“We will take the necessary action and resubmit the investigation papers.

“This case has gone on long enough,” he said, adding that the police will take action against those in the video, and the ones who spread the clips.

Earlier this week, Umno supreme council member, Datuk Lokman Noor Adam, who went for a second round of questioning at Bukit Aman over the sex video, said he had handed over an original video forensics report from Britain’s Verden Forensics.

“Prior to this, I sent a copy of the 55-page report via WhatsApp to the investigators.

“However, the police asked me to come to hand over the original report and record my statement,” he said, while adding that he would pursue legal action if there was still inaction by authorities on the matter.

Lokman said it had been almost three months since he lodged a report on the video, and there should be prosecution by now.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Across The Star Online