Lokman to be called up again, says CID director


  • Nation
  • Monday, 02 Sep 2019

PETALING JAYA: Umno supreme council member Datuk Lokman Noor Adam will be called up to have his statement recorded on Tuesday (Sept 3) in connection with the sex video implicating Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Azmin Ali.

Bukit Aman CID director Comm Datuk Huzir Mohamed said the Special Investigation Unit (D5) had already received a video analysis report by Verden Forensics United Kingdom, which was handed over by Lokman.

"The report has been sent to CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM) for further action.

"We will also call him up again to have his statement recorded," he said in a statement on Monday (Sept 2).

On the viral sex video, Comm Huzir said the investigation papers have been referred to the Attorney General's Chambers and police have received further instructions on the matter.

He added that the case is being investigated under Section 377B of the Penal Code for carnal intercourse against the order of nature, Section 292 of the same code for distributing obscene materials and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 for distributing prohibited content.

On July 26, Bukit Aman recorded Lokman's statement for allegedly calling the Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador a liar.

The allegation is in connection with Abdul Hamid’s handling of the investigation into the sex video implicating Azmin.

On July 18, Abdul Hamid had said CSM had determined that the video was likely authentic but it could not conclusively identify the men involved through facial recognition software.

On July 24, the IGP had said a police report had been lodged against Lokman and he would let his men investigate it.

Eleven people have been detained over the case including former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz and Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak, who is PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political secretary, and Perak PKR chief. All of them have been subsequently released on police bail.

Haziq had confessed publicly that he was one of the two men in the video and alleged that the other person was Azmin.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Zoo Negara has enough funds for the next half year but must prepare contingency plan, says Natural Resources Minister
Two high school friends from Ranau reunite at Universiti Teknologi Petronas after six years apart
Transport Ministry committed to helping the disabled, says Dr Wee
Floods: Number of evacuees in Terengganu rises, situation improves in Perak and Kelantan
Transport Ministry ready to help army veterans, says Dr Wee
Appeal by 33 people including Sabah CM over dissolution of state assembly withdrawn
Hamzah: Firms can hire foreign workers if they finance deportation of those held at immigration depots
No mining of non-radioactive rare earth elements until SOPs are followed, says Natural Resources Minister
Ismail Sabri: Action taken against 482 people over MCO violations on Wednesday (Dec 2)
Covid-19: Four new clusters detected with three in Sabah and one in Selangor

Stories You'll Enjoy