PENAMPANG: Two contractors survived electrocution while carrying out maintenance work on a power pole along Jalan Putatan-Lok Kawi, Penampang here on Wednesday (May 22).
The two men, in their 30s, suffered injuries to their faces and hands and received treatment at Hospital Queen Elizabeth.
A representative from the Sabah Fire and Rescue Task Force Centre said a team of eight firemen were dispatched to the scene, located some 15km away from the Penampang station, after a distress call was received at about 4.02pm.
The team brought the two men down from the pole and sent them to the hospital for treatment.
The operation ended at around 4.31pm.