PETALING JAYA: Fuel that was vapourised caused burns on actors during a filming in Bandar Bukit Puchong, Selangor.
In describing it as an accident, a Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said the film crew used petrol to ignite some wooden houses during a shoot.
However, he said, while the crew was pouring the petrol on the houses, it vapourised into the air.
“The vapourisation process ended on the clothes of the actors, and when the petrol was ignited, their clothes caught fire,” the spokesman said.
He said firemen were on standby at the scene.
The film crew had notified them that they wanted to film a burning scene, he added.
Thirty-one cast members, including Hong Kong veteran actress Sharon Yeung Pan-pan, 59, Malaysian actress Joey Leong, 24, and actor Cedric Loo, 30, were injured during the filming on Monday.
They are warded at the Sunway Medical Centre.
According to reports, Yeung suffered second-degree burns on the left side of her face, her right arm and both legs while Leong had similar burns on both legs.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!