KUALA LUMPUR: Multiple shots were fired in front of an entertainment outlet in Taman Maluri, Cheras, but no one was shot, let alone injured in yet another "bizarre" shooting incident, in the space of a few weeks.
On June 24, a drive-by shooting occurred outside a night club at Bukit Bintang but no one was hurt as well.
Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Seri Mazlan Lazim said police recovered 26 bullet casings following the latest shooting which occurred at about 9.30pm on Friday (July 13).
"The bullets were of 5.56mm calibre.
"We also discovered 18 A4 papers, depicting photos of two men strewn on the road some 22m from where the shots were fired," he said when contacted.
The police are combing the area for witnesses as well as checking CCTV footage within the vicinity of the crime scene, he added.
"We are also investigating whether the latest shooting has any link to the previous one in Bukit Bintang last month.
"No one was hurt during the incident in Taman Maluri," he said, adding that the case is being classified under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder and Section 39 of the Arms Act.
Comm Mazlan also urged anyone with information to contact Asst Supt Mutazlim Hamdan at 019-7842754/ 03-92050222 or Insp Mohamad Syafiq Mohamad Rusdin at 018-240 4072/ 03-92050222, or the Kuala Lumpur Police Operations Centre at 03-21460584/585.
Did you find this article insightful?