Minister will no longer screen Industrial Court’s cases


PUTRAJAYA: The power of the minister in terms of reference and screening before a case is brought to the Industrial Court will be cancelled, to enable the settlement of the case between the employer and the employee to be accelerated, says Human Resources Minister M. Kulasegaran (pic).

He said so far, there were about 1,300 outstanding cases requiring referrals and ministerial decisions to be brought to the Industrial Court.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Family & Community , indutrial court

Next In Nation

Former investment bank CEO, two others expected to face charges under MACC Act
Police arrest man who doused woman with petrol, set her on fire
KPDN busts syndicate repackaging subsidised cooking oil as prayer oil
Two KPDN personnel injured during LPG enforcement operation
Cambodia and Malaysia reaffirm army-to-army cooperation
No DAP partnership in Melaka polls or I walk, warns Akmal Saleh
MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in seven states until 9pm (Aug 18)
Three foreigners nabbed for burglary
Two nabbed in Kulai for putting up Jalur Gemilang, Johor flag upside down
Former 1MDB CEO denies treating Jho Low ‘as prime minister’

Others Also Read