A LONG-TIME resident of Jalan Bangau, Kepong, is urging Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to demolish an abandoned bus stop in front of her home, claiming that it has become a target for crime.
For 62-year-old Lili Huen, the structure was an eyesore and a reminder of a violent incident.
She said years ago, when the bus stop was still operational, robbers armed with knives attacked her on her doorstep.

“They pretended to be commuters waiting at the bus stop.
“I was attacked as I opened my door,” she said, adding that the incident left her with a scar on her hand.
Huen said it had become a place for people to loiter and a safety hazard since the bus route was diverted several years ago.
“I have seen people drinking alcohol at the bus stop,” she said claiming that they also peered into her home.
Huen also called for more speed bumps to be installed along Jalan Bangau to slow down vehicles.
“My grandchild was almost hit by speeding cars twice along this road stretch,” she said.
Community activist Yee Poh Ping said no action had been taken despite a formal request sent to DBKL on Jan 13 last year.
“With the bus route now 300m away on Jalan Belabas, this structure serves no public transport purpose.
“Jalan Bangau has become increasingly crowded making it difficult for buses to pass through,” said Yee.
DBKL had not responded to queries regarding the issue.
