Internal investigation on Adflin Shauki will be completed next week


AN Internal investigation regarding allegations of misconduct involving film producer and actor, Datuk Afdlin Shauki, in a RM4mil procurement contract by Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) is expected to be completed next week.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Federal Territories) Dr Zaliha Mustafa said DBKL’s integrity unit will summon all relevant parties, including Afdlin, to complete the investigation.

“It is fine if Adflin wants to reject and deny the allegations, that is his right. However, from the perspective of departmental governance, particularly agencies, we need to carry out the necessary investigations,” she said.

“Investigations are ongoing, and we are awaiting the results. If Afdlin is innocent, there’s no issue,” she told the media earlier this morning after officiating the 2025 Putrajaya Urban Agriculture and Stingless Bee Open Day (HTPBKP), which is open until tomorrow (Feb 2).

Dr Zaliha added that the ministry would not compromise on any misconduct or governance issues. “I had instructed DBKL to take immediate action regarding the misconduct. We, in the Federal Territories, are promoting a harmonious work culture based on integrity. It means good governance and avoiding corruption, so that good governance can be provided, added Dr. Zaliha.

Previously, media reports indicated that DBKL had begun an internal investigation into allegations of misconduct involving a board member linked to the awarding of a RM4 mil project.

The Kuala Lumpur mayor, Datuk Seri Maimunah Mohd Sharif, was reported to have confirmed the investigation and is working closely with DBKL’s integrity unit.

The misconduct allegations, involves a breach of governance procedures regarding the procurement of a creative material production project for DBKL, which was allegedly not awarded through an open tender, began circulating on social media since Friday.

In a follow-up statement on social media, Afdlin denied the allegations of misconduct in the DBKL project acquisition, claiming that the issue was being deliberately used to sully his reputation.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Metro News

Pharmacy chain pledges RM100,000 for cancer
Exercise your rights in town planning, locals told
DBKL to review guarded neighbourhood schemes
Move to strengthen family ties in Johor
‘Stall, mobile van selling food, drinks hindering traffic in Section 14, PJ’
Taiwanese dance troupe makes M’sian debut at festival
Facial scan security sparks backlash
Former Teluk Kapas landfill set for major rehabilitation
Gala night kicks off KL project�
Telco shakes it up with RM20mil worth of prizes

Others Also Read