SUBANG JAYA: The public market and food court in SS15, Subang Jaya will be temporarily closed by the Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ) on Friday (July 30) for thorough cleaning and sanitisation work.
“The closure is for one day only. Both premises - the public market and food court - will reopen as usual at 6am and 8am respectively on Saturday (July 31),” said MBSJ in a statement.
The closure and sanitisation is believed to be linked to several Covid-19 cases detected at the SS15 public market.
A community portal had quoted MBSJ deputy mayor Mohd Zulkurnain Che Ali as saying that eight cases had been detected among market traders.
“The cases affected traders from different stalls in the market,” he said.
“Other traders should carry out their own swab tests to check for any infections.
“Residents who went to the market in the last week are also urged to monitor their health and if possible, to carry out a swab test as well.”
For enquiries, call MBSJ’s command centre at 03-8024 7700.