Company holds fun Zumba session


Staff from SRG Asia Pacific and other organisations having fun at the Zumba session.

AN exciting Zumba session to reduce work stress was held at the lobby of Plaza Sentral in Kuala Lumpur.

It was organised by SRG Asia Pacific to offer staff working at Plaza Sentral a way to de-stress and have fun.

SRG Asia Pacific HR and talent acquisition senior director Vinnie Raviraj said they worked in a very dynamic environment and stress was unavoidable.

“The people should be a priority.

“Studies have shown that mental illness is up there along with diseases like cancer.

“One in three Malaysians suffer from depression and anxiety disorders. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), someone dies from suicide every 40 seconds.

“It is also worrying that suicide rates are high among youths,”

she said.

The Zumba session was held in conjunction with Mental Health Awareness month.

Vinnie said they were thankful that Plaza Sentral allowed them to hold the Zumba session at the lobby for free.

Zumba instructor Lorlyn Belmis conducted the session.

“We want to show people that wellness happens at home and the workplace,” said Vinnie.

SRG Asia Pacific chief executive officer Anoop Vettath, who joined the Zumba session, said 60% of the participants were from the company while the other 40% were from other organisations.

“I was happy to see people from other companies join in.

“During the one hour of exercise, we forgot about our jobs and just danced,” he said.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Zumba

   

Next In Metro News

Land acquisition for ECRL not approved yet
Back to old habits
Unifi TV lays out treats for Malaysians
No water supply disruption on Dec 2 despite Sg Semenyih treatment plant shutdown
Local councils carry out checks as dengue figures rise in Selangor
Market traders dump rubbish outside welfare home
‘Psychological abuse main type of complaint received via SELamat helpline’
‘Submersible pumps commonly used at sluice gates due to higher drainage capacity’
Exco member: Tourist attractions to have better facilities so that visitors return
NGOs seek allocations to weather hardship

Others Also Read