1. Fun with Disney charactersChildren from the Persatuan Ibu Bapa Anak Bermasalah Pendengaran (Hear Me) in Kajang taking one for the album at the Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Super Celebration at Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam. Maybank recently hosted the 21 hearing impaired children at the exciting and interactive event organised by PR Worldwide. Also present at the event was Maybank Foundation chief executive officer Shahril Azuar Jimin (right), group head of cards and wealth B. Ravintharan (second from right) and PR Worldwide managing director Para Rajagopal (left), as well as Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
2. Lucky winOSK Property chief executive officer Ong Ghee Bin (right) and SGI Vacation Club sales general manager Lion Chau Hoaw representing 15 Years Holiday campaign grand prize winner Tee Yan Yin at the prize-giving ceremony. Tee bagged a 15-year gold membership with SGI Vacation Club through a lucky draw by Ong, which includes both international and local holiday destinations. Held at the property developer’s Iringan Bayu Seremban Show Village, the event also saw the second- and third-prize winners walking home with two 15-year memberships, with five- and one-year gold memberships (for international destinations) that allow winners to travel to more than 80 countries. The campaign offered homebuyers a chance to win exclusive 15-year holiday packages when they buy any participating projects from OSK Property.
3. Awarded for excellenceAirAsia has been named the Top Airline by Absolute Passenger Growth (South-East Asia) at Singapore’s Changi Airline Awards 2019. AirAsia Singapore chief executive officer and AirAsia Philippines chief executive advisor Logan Velaitham (right) received the award from Changi Airport Group chief executive officer Lee Seow Hiang. AirAsia recorded a 4.1% increase in passengers carried to and from Singapore to 4.5 million pax in 2018, up from 4.3 million pax the year before. AirAsia was also recognised as having the third highest airline passenger movements overall in 2018, together with Singapore Airlines Group, Jetstar, Cathay Pacific Airways and Lion Group. The Changi Airline Awards recognises airlines for their contributions to strengthening and growing Singapore as an aviation hub.
4. For a good causeStar Media Group adviser Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai (centre in white) receiving a mock cheque from LBS Foundation board of trustees member Tan Sri Lim Hock San (Wong’s right) at SJK(C) Tun Tan Siew Sin in Subang Jaya. LBS Foundation contributed RM60,000 to the Star Step Up education programme for schools. Also present were Lim’s wife Puan Sri Karen Lim, deputy chairman of school board of governors Datuk Lim Kim Hwi, headmistress Teoh Ai Theng and Star Media Group special officer in group managing director and chief executive officer’s office Loo Phan Kooi.
5. Rewarding loyal customersAmBank (M) Berhad retail banking managing director Jade Lee (second from left) with the winners of AmBank Mastercard Fly, Stay and Play Campaign in a prize-giving ceremony at Menara AmBank in Kuala Lumpur. Eight AmBank customers won two return air tickets from Malaysia to Singapore on Singapore Airlines. They will also get to enjoy a 3D/2N stay at Resorts World Sentosa, go on a VIP tour of Universal Studios in Singapore and a Mastercard prepaid card pre-loaded with SG$200 (RM614) for shopping and dining. Also present at the ceremony were AmBank (M) Berhad cards and merchant services head Lenon Cheong (left), AmBank Group group corporate communications and marketing executive vice-president Syed Anuar Syed Ali (right) and client account management (mastercard) head Rakesh Chauhan (second from right).
Every Wednesday, StarMetro dedicates a page for corporate-related events and launches. If you have anything interesting to share, email us at email@example.com
Did you find this article insightful?