Ge-Shen subsidiary reports 10 Covid-19 cases among workers


Ge-Shen said the factory was closed from Jan 23 to 24 for deep cleaning activities.

KUALA LUMPUR: Ten workers of Ge-Shen Corporation Bhd’s subsidiary have been tested and confirmed positive for the Covid-19.

The company said on Monday its 70% owned Demand Options Sdn Bhd, with primary operations in Desa Cemerlang, Johor Bahru, was informed about the Covid-19 infections.

“Mass testing has been conducted after the first case was identified and 80% of employees of Demand Options has been tested so far with the remaining 20% employees (or 100% of all employees) will be tested in the next few days to deter community spreading, ” it said.

All affected employees have been placed in quarantine.

Ge-Shen said the factory was closed from Jan 23 to 24 for deep cleaning activities.

“The financial impact to Ge-Shen group is envisaged to be insignificant as most of the planned order for the month has already being produced and are in-progress for delivery.

“Furthermore, the management is actively in discussion with customers to push out delivery dates and has not received any cancellation of orders, ” it said.

Ge-Shen’s core business include mental stamping and fabrication.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Ge-Shen , Covid-19 , Demand Options

   

Next In Business News

Bursa Malaysia gives up earlier gains to end lower
Bonia unit to acquire KL property for RM35.51mil
Sunview unit undertakes EPCC of solar energy facility for RM122mil
Gamuda to acquire 30% stake in ERS Energy for RM200mil
China stocks fall on profit-taking following new Covid easing measures
Bank Negara's international reserves rise to US$109.7bil as at Nov 30
CIMB launches sustainability-linked Treasury programme with pioneering clients Farm Fresh and Sunway
India central bank raises key rate, says inflation battle not over
Taiwan seeks to reassure on TSMC commitment to island despite US investment
Oil edges up on China demand hopes; Russian uncertainty weighs

Others Also Read