Three more men in Singapore's record billion-dollar money laundering case deported to Cambodia, Japan


(From left) Su Baolin, Su Haijin and Vang Shuiming were deported from Singapore on May 25, May 28 and June 1 respectively. - PHOTOS: COURT DOCUMENTS via The Straits Times/ANN

SINGAPORE (The Straits Times/ANN): Three more men convicted in Singapore’s largest money laundering case have been deported, said the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) on June 2.

Cambodian national Su Baolin, 42, and Cypriot national Su Haijin, 41, were deported to Cambodia on May 25 and 28, respectively.

Turkish national Vang Shuiming, 43, was deported to Japan on June 1.

According to court documents, Vang holds passports from China, Vanuatu and Turkey.

ICA had said in April that the “location of deportation (of the convicts) is dependent on the admissibility of the foreigner based on his or her valid passport”.

All three men, who are originally from Fujian, China, are barred from re-entering Singapore.

So far, five of the eight convicted money launderers in the case have been deported.

Su Haijin jumped from the second-floor balcony of a good class bungalow during a police raid and admitted to one charge of resisting arrest and two money laundering charges.

Su Baolin pleaded guilty to three charges – two for money laundering and one for abetting false representations made to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.

Su Baolin and Su Haijin were each sentenced to 14 months’ jail in April.

Vang was sentenced to 13 months and six weeks’ jail in May after admitting to two counts of money laundering and one count of submitting a forged document to a bank.

The three men’s sentences were backdated to the date of their arrest on Aug 15, 2023, and they each served around 9½ months of their jail terms.

They were among the 10 arrested in August 2023 when the police conducted simultaneous raids islandwide in a money laundering probe that saw more than $3 billion in assets seized.

On May 6, Su Wenqiang and Wang Baosen, both 32, were the first two men to be deported.

They were deported to Cambodia after serving about 8½ months of their 13-month jail terms.

So far, seven men and one woman involved in the money laundering case have been convicted and sentenced. They were each jailed between 13 and 15 months.

Vanuatu national Su Jianfeng, 36, who faces 14 charges, is expected to plead guilty on June 6.

Cypriot national Wang Dehai, 35, who faces two money laundering charges, is expected to plead guilty on June 7. - The Straits Times/ANN

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing
Philippine senator calls out China in visit to disputed island

Others Also Read