Bali to try out new travel policy from March 14


A tourist wearing face sunbathe as beaches are gradually reopening following months of lockdown due to the new coronavirus outbreak, in Bali, Indonesia. - Filepic

The government will conduct a trial on receiving international travellers without quarantine in the resort island of Bali beginning March 14 under certain conditions, a senior minister said.

The trial may be launched before March 14 if the government sees positive development in the next one week for the continued downward trend in the Covid-19 cases in Bali, Coordinating Minister for Maritime and Investment Affairs Luhut Binsar Panjaitan told a virtual press conference on Sunday.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Potential NATO mission in strait of Hormuz is political decision, top commander says
Trump says US may need to hit Iran again
Fresh concern in Sabah as injured elephant spotted in Kalabakan
Philippine Senate probes security after shots fired last week
Hong Kong proposes smoking ban on all building sites after deadly fire
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Tuesday (May 19, 2026)
Thai beer heir sacked after brother's abuse accusations
Oil dips, stocks mixed after Trump holds off on Iran attack
'Cool heads needed to win,' Experience brings calmness for Buriram United as they gear up for Asean Club Championship Shopee Cup final
India to monitor Boeing fuel-switch test tied to Air India London incident, documents show

Others Also Read