Tennis-Alcaraz reveals prize money attracted him to Saudi's Six Kings Slam


FILE PHOTO: Tennis - 6 Kings Slam - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - October 19, 2024 Spain's Carlos Alcaraz in action during the final against Italy's Jannik Sinner REUTERS/Hamad I Mohammed/File Photo

(Reuters) -Spain's Carlos Alcaraz said on Monday the record prize money on offer at the Six Kings Slam in Saudi Arabia earlier this month was a motivation for playing in the tournament as the world number two prepares for the Paris Masters.

Italian rival Jannik Sinner dismissed earlier claims that he joined the exhibition event for financial rewards, emphasising that he went to Riyadh for the sporting challenge.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Tennis

Tennis-Alcaraz downs Fils to win Qatar Open, extends perfect start to the year
Tennis-Pegula beats Svitolina in straight sets in Dubai final
Tennis-Alcaraz defeats Rublev to reach Qatar Open final against Fils
Tennis-Svitolina downs Gauff, Pegula fights back to beat Anisimova in Dubai semis
Tennis-Players run for cover as honey bees swarm Bengaluru stadium
Tennis-Badosa slams online 'disrespect' after Dubai injury retirement
Tennis-WTA forms special council to overhaul congested calendar amid player concerns
Tennis-Ruzic grabs Dubai spotlight as lucky loser shocks Raducanu
Tennis-Lucky losers step in as withdrawals shake Dubai draw, reignite calendar debate
Tennis-Alcaraz says he still has 'weaknesses' ahead of return in Doha

Others Also Read